• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Weird Final Cut Express Transition Issue

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem in Final Cut Express 4.01. When I drag a transition to change the duration, it effects my video just slightly. It changes the size a little bit and blurs it too. Also, when I drag a clip to change the duration and make it longer, it does the same thing.

Say the clip is a still picture..when I drag it to make the clip longer, at the point at which I began the drag, it blurs the image just slightly, but definitely noticeably. If I remember correctly, this blur remains when I export the video. It hasn't always done this, just a recent phenomena. I've been trying to work around it by cutting and pasting to add length but this is getting really annoying.

I've noticed that final cut express is strange like this in that sometimes it decides to act certain ways and other times not.

Has anyone ever had this problem? and any possible reasons/solutions?

I'm on a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard btw.

Thanks!

OP
I
Reaction score
Update: Looks like when I export as an mp4 and set the aspect ratio, it get's rid of most of the effect, except for a slight color variation that's not worth really fussing over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.