Help with Countdown widget

Reaction score
this seems like it should be so freakin simple -- and I"m sure there IS a simple explanation... I added the Countdown widget to a my home page (brumleymusic.com) and a Text Box message, too. The message text is there but the Countdown is not. I thought I identified all of the updated pages in my local and uploaded, but it's not showing up live. (Of course it works in my local directory when I viewed it.)

What files need to be uploaded?

OP
M
Reaction score
(fyi:
* I checked Apple's support forum, several suggestions for 'clearing cache', which i did to no avail
* The counter widget is on my "home" page which used the Blog page template from iWeb; hence the trying to i.d. the changed files, and NOT just uploading the whole page folder...

Reaction score
When I go to your website and check the console (I'm on Chrome, right click into your page and select "Inspect Element". Then click on console) I can see 4 errors:

TimerWidget.js: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
TimerWidget.js: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
localizedStrings.js: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Home.html:427: Uncaught ReferenceError: TimerWidget is not defined

Seems like you didn't upload all the necessary javascript files or they are in a folder you don't have access to.

Hope that helps!

OP
M
Reaction score
yes Yes YES! thanks dekan... I searched my local for TimerWidget and found the directory where that stuff was in...I guess that's the problem with trying to manually i.d. the updated files, sometimes they're in folders that don't get a timestamp update.

Working like a charm now. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.