Mac Pro 2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Reaction score
I am freezing constantly while in browsers, especially FireFox 5, I am running OSX 10.6.8 along with VMware Fusion Windows 7 and am also using Amazon S3Fox. Is anyone else having the same problems?

Reaction score
Firefox has been having problems running on OSX lately. It took a friend 15 minutes to launch FF yesterday :D

I would go with Chrome or Safari.

OP
C
Reaction score
I actually have been and it will crash in those also...I have been hoping all the recent Firmware updates would help but haven't. I can't figure this out, I've had my system since Nov last year and this has just started happening a few months ago when I started really working in a CMS system our company wrote for entering content....think that has anything to do with it? I am one of the only people on the mac that actually work in it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Boot from your Snow Leopard install disc and run Repair Disk under Utilities. If no joy try removing the CMS system/application and see if that improves things. Hard to help further without knowing the management system application.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And please do not cross post. Only post in one forum and continue replying to the same thread. Thanks.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Create a new admin account and log into that one long enough to see if the problem persists. Do not launch/do anything with the CMS app just yet. If the problem persists then something else may be the cause. If the problem is gone now try the CMS app and work with things as usual to see if the problem arises.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, I don't have time to actually redo all my current presets, workspaces and such, since I work pretty much in all the ADOBE CS5 applications, so I am going to restart in the new admin user I set up when I am working in CMS and see how it goes, I know this is the opposite of suggestion but I think you are on to something, that it could be something with my current user account. I had to do that with an older system I had and it fixed the problems I was having. Thank you so much and eat the same thing you had this morning again for lunch, dinner and always!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.