Applecare transferable?

zeb

Reaction score
I've gotten mixed response on this issue...so I was wondering what you guys thought. I bought a macbook pro from someone on craigslist with full applecare until 2014. He can't find the original paperwork. Somewhere I read that the original person has to transfer it over, then other places says it just transfers. The guy who sold it to me said he has taken it to the apple store and all they needed was the serial. Just curious for the future. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
sure, it is transferable, what you do is next time you take mbp to an apple store, just tell the store employee you need to transfer the mbp under your name, make sure you have check the serial with apple site it is warranted till 2014.

OP
Z

zeb

Reaction score
Do I need any other information?
I have checked it. The applecare is good until 2014

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
nothing to show them, make sure you take your mbp with you, everything will be taken care by the serial number.

Reaction score
You don't even have to take it to the apple store. I just bought a MacBook Pro off craigslist too. I called applecare and gave them the serial number and they transferred it to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
AppleCare is linked to the serial number of the device, not the owner, so the unit could change hands multiple times over the three year coverage period and it would still be covered. Registering with Apple only links the hardware to you, which may make things easier when checking it in for service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
in the apple store at least you have the human interaction, that gives you the satisfaction of your name associated with the mbp under your care.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.