Phone icon missing!

Reaction score
I recently got an iphone 3g, it's jailbroken.
I was changing in my N82AP plist to enable multitasking and wallpapers. But when I did this I lost my phone icon, I have no idea if I can get it back. I tried downloading different plists and see if this did anything, but it didn't. I've also somehow lost my original plist that I thought I'd backed up.

I downloaded SBSettings and I can access the phone app from there but I can't get it onto my springboard. Does anyone know a solution to this, I don't want to remove the jailbreak on my phone because I'm afraid it'll ruin it.

Edit: I just realized that I can't even call people from my contact list now, I can call if I type in the number though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
you could always do a restore and then re-jailbreak.

OP
C
Reaction score
Is there a chance that my iphone will break if I do a restore and remove the jailbreak?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no. I've actually had my phone bricked while jailbroken and restoring actually fixes it rather than breaks it. if you do a restore you will have to reinstall all your apps and such. best bet is to restore and then when it asks you if you want to create it as a new phone or restore from backup restore from the oldest backup you have- provided its before you did plist edit. If you don't have any such backup. You'll want to set it up as a new phone so that any unwanted edits you may or may not have done to your jailbroken phone aren't restored. (Note: I'm simply assuming that if you are editing plists then you've done some rather heavy modding to it)

OP
C
Reaction score
I restored my phone and it didn't work, I keep getting the 1051 error. How do I fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At what point during the restore process do you get this error?
What version of iOS are you using?
What version of iTunes are you using?

OP
C
Reaction score
I get the error at the end of the restore process when it says "restoring the iphone software". When I looked at the error code on apple it says that this error appears on Jailbroken phones. :/ I tried to find ways to bypass the error but nothing worked.

I'm not sure, I can't see what iOS I'm using anymore, but I think it was the latest avaliable for iPhone 3g.
I'm using version 10.3.1 of itunes which should be the latest one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. I would also try to verify which Version it's trying to restore to.

OP
C
Reaction score
I managed to get the phone from the recovery mode to the emergency call mode by using Tiny Umbrella. Is it possible to somehow save your phone when it's in emergency call mode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure. They other thing you could do is use redsnow or something and do a re-jailbreak with the correct ipsw.

OP
C
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that it's fixed now. When my mom bought it for my birthday she went to a place and jailbroke it, she just took it baack there and they fixed it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.