Photoshop and Illustrator

U

UncSki1218

what are free easy to use alternatives for photoshop and illustrator. (not gimp or inkscape)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
UncSki1218 said:
what are free easy to use alternatives for photoshop and illustrator. (not gimp or inkscape)
Hehe...well....you pretty much ruled out any free alternatives by saying no to GIMP. GIMP is the best alternative to Photoshop...at least in my opinion anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
agreed. It definately has its limitations as far as workflow goes, but the gimp is probably the best one out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yup GIMP is the best free PS clone out there so get using that :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
you can get gimpshop, it's a "Hack" of gimp, it resembles allot of the functions and layouts of photoshop, you should check it out, you might like it.. you can get it here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
yup, I was using gimpshop. Its great for being free and has awesome features. Ultimately, I think I've decided that it just isn't as good at the workflow aspect when you are editing a high volume of photos, so if you are a serious photographer, it will probably suffice, but you will probably want to look at getting photoshop or even elements sometime in the future- esp. if you are already used to photoshop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.