My first Mac, MBP arrived today and its damaged! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 l 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 l 4GB RAM l 500GB ATA Drive 5400rpm l 15" HR Antiglare WS Screen
hello folks, im new to the forum here just registered, im new to mac also i just switched over from a very old basic spec windows pc.
bought my first mac on the 28th of june thru the apple online store,
it arrived today (7th july)
i came home from work to open my macbook pro, been waiting all week for this moment, opened it like a giddy child all excited and switched it on.. the welcome screen pops up and straight away i notice there is something wrong, the colors are not right. the blacks arent black they are pinky red and i can see the pixels in the corners flickering, the whole screen has a red tint to it. the whites are pinkish and i can see the whole pixels lines all red. definitely something wrong/broken. i rang apple customer care and they are going to send UPS out to collect it and are ordering a new MBP build/ship a new one to me with priority shipping. at least im being sorted quite quickly. still really disappointed after waiting last 10 long days for it to arrive only to be broken. will have to wait another 10 days now. just bit annoyed that this is my first experience with apple. :( has anyone else had this problem or know about this screen problem. just curious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Man, that sucks! You wait with anticipation and then it's busted in shipping and you have to wait for a replacement. I had this happen with UPS recently but it wasn't electronics. Just something I ordered online and UPS "lost" it for a week. Then when they "found" it, it looked like it had been caught in a conveyer belt or something. I had to get a replacement cause I wasn't going to accept the beat up original.
Sorry to hear about your dilemma.

P.S. Don't look at it as your "first experience with Apple." It's not their fault it was damaged in transit. I'd blame UPS.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I suspect the UPS guy or someone along the line dropped the box and it damaged the LCD. Those colors and sparkling pixels usually indicate a hard knock against the LCD screen - probably damaged by the keyboard when they dropped it.

And to MYmacROX: Years ago the post office misplaced my paycheck - I was poor then - still am ;) - of course my employer (US Govt) replaced it after much fanfare and paperwork. Six months later the original paycheck shows up in the mail just like it was never lost. Go figure!

No, I didn't keep it. It wouldn't have cashed anyway..... :p

OP
trendkill333
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 l 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 l 4GB RAM l 500GB ATA Drive 5400rpm l 15" HR Antiglare WS Screen
i shouldn't blame apple, i just meant this was my first experience buying a mac unfortunately. just upset me that a courier service is so unprofessional that they'd let a package fall and end up damaged. not surprised at all really. its just annoying to wait thats all. i did mess around with the laptop a little before i boxed it back up looking at how it works/runs and the different applications etc and i absolutely LOVED it. especially love the hand gestures. everything just opens up so quick. unlike windows where you double click some program and it takes 4-10 seconds to open. really cool. love the mac from what i have seen of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
Once you get an undamaged Mac, you will really start to love it. I think I convinced my parents to give up their Windows machine for a Mac after showing them mine this afternoon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.