running multiple ssh sessions

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my first ever Mac. So being a windows guru I use Putty to access all of my machines at work. On my mac I see where I can individually add a new remote connection so that I can ssh into each one of my machines. But I do not know where the file is located with these configurations so that I can write a script and kick off simultaneous ssh connections without having to manually open each one. I have already generated a key and dropped so that I do not have to enter my password for each machine every time. Does anyone know where the file is located or an easy script that will open up all of my connections at one time?

Thanks in advance!

OP
Z
Reaction score
Ok, so for those who care who are reading this we found a temp fix until I can improve it and make it more sufficient. Its basically a line in the shell with a mix of perl and applescript. It managed to do what I needed. But if anyone has any other ideas other than mixing some languages together I am still open ears.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hello,
I just got my first ever Mac. So being a windows guru I use Putty to access all of my machines at work. On my mac I see where I can individually add a new remote connection so that I can ssh into each one of my machines. But I do not know where the file is located with these configurations so that I can write a script and kick off simultaneous ssh connections without having to manually open each one. I have already generated a key and dropped so that I do not have to enter my password for each machine every time. Does anyone know where the file is located or an easy script that will open up all of my connections at one time?

I'm not well experienced with SSH, but here's a tutorial on using it in OS X. The location for the key should be a hidden folder in your Home directory titled .ssh.

SSH in Mac OS X

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thx for the link. That did not quite help though for what I was looking for. Basically for me to get what I needed to work in the shell this is what I used.

for i in `perl -le '$i=0; print $_foreach ($i .. $;+XX);'`; do echo $i ; oasascript -e 'tell application "Terminal" to do script "ssh [email protected].'$i'" '; done

That basically got what I needed. Hope this helps for anyone else who is looking for the same thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.