New to Macs...and LOVE it so far!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP: 2.0 GHz, 4GB Ram, 500GB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6490M
Hey all,

Like the title says, I am the proud owner of a new Macbook Pro 15":D. I've been spending many nights on this forum, learning the basic "how to" along with other cool items. I can honestly say that OS X is quite a spectacular operating system. I do have a question though regarding the manufacturer warranty and Applecare. I realize that I have a one year, manufacturer warranty that comes with my laptop. I was obviously looking into purchasing the 3 year Applecare warranty. My questions: When is the very last possible day I can purchase the Applecare plan? Also, does the Applecare plan cover such things as: accidental drops, spills, faulty hardware? I spent $1700 on my Mac, and want to ensure that it stays safe for as long as possible. Thank you for any information you can give me guys!

Attachments

• 272897_10150256322588944_500423943_7553507_4542447_o.jpg
    272897_10150256322588944_500423943_7553507_4542447_o.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
You have up to the last day of your year for apple care.

if you want accidental damage you need to look into Square Trade warranties.

The other option you have is with your car insurance company many will have a personal property plan you can buy. I bought one a while back on my digital slr camera $35 a year no deductible.

C

chas_m

My questions: When is the very last possible day I can purchase the Applecare plan? Also, does the Applecare plan cover such things as: accidental drops, spills, faulty hardware?

To elaborate on Ranimac's answer a bit, you have until the 364th day after purchase (based on your registration of the Mac, if you haven't done that you need to do it immediately!) to buy AppleCare. If you want telephone support for the full term of the three years, you need to buy Applecare by the 90th day to ensure uninterrupted telephone support.

I strongly recommend NOT waiting till the very last minute, as it's just FAR too easy to miss it and be without it at the period when you will need it most -- the end of the manufacturer's warranty.

Applecare does NOT cover any form of "user abuse" such as accidental drops or spills. It DOES cover faulty hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Welcome to the forums, and I'm glad to hear that you're lovin' the machine!

OP
iBoz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks all, I plan on picking up the Applecare this weekend. It'll serve as a little piece of mind, knowing I have a backup besides the 1 year warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP 13 inch unibody 2.3ghz intel i5, 8gb DDR3, 500gb Seagate momentus XT HD, Mac OS X Lion 10.7
I can't wait to get an iMac or MacBook pro. I just have to sell or trade my laptop and guitar first lol.

OP
iBoz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ha, well I've only owned mine for...4 days now and can honestly say it's been the best laptop I've owned. Everything from the build structure to the OS has been a pleasant experience. Now the fun part of really seeing what it can do is next...

C

chas_m

A good place to get some guidance on that is your local Mac User Group, if there is one near you. The local Apple Retail Store (again, if there is one near you) also offers free seminars (some of the independent dealers do this as well). Apple also offers a "one on one" service where the employees will sit down with you in a focused session to address your specific questions. I believe it costs $100 but you can make appointments for this for an entire year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.