Macbook Pro G4

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new here and im a computer tech. I have never worked on a mac notebook before but, i have a Macbook Pro G4. I have gotten the screen out and ready to swap. Could someone help me figure out which numbers i need to specifically copy when i order a replacement screen?I can post a picture if needed.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Im new here and im a computer tech. I have never worked on a mac notebook before but, i have a Macbook Pro G4.

No you don't...you are using mixed terminology.;) There are:

- Macbook's
- MacBook Pro's
- iBook G4's
- iBook G3's
- Powerbook G4's

...but no MacBook Pro G4's. MacBook Pro's have an Intel cpu..."G4" Macintosh computers have a Motorola G4 cpu.

In any case...go to iFixit.com...enter the proper model info...and you should find part info...as well as DIY install info.

HTH,:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
I apologize, i meant Powerbook G4.The question the screen is completely busted. And there is not many actual markings on the computer to indicate specifically which model it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
The specifics for the machine serial number, model number, processor speed, RAM and HD should be on a label inside the battery bay. You can use the serial number to calculate the approximate age of the computer. The first two characters are the factory code, ignore them. The next three digits are the year and week the unit was manufactured. So if digits 3-5 are 429, you are looking at a unit built the 29th week or 2004. That, along with the model number (Check here) should help you track down more accurately the part you need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.