External monitor going fullscreen

Reaction score
Hello,

Im sort of a new MBP user, so i need some help here. Yesterday i bough myself an external monitor adapter and right now using both of them. I have set my main monitor as MBP monitor and external to be the secodary one. Since i've found out that most of applications on MBP can only run in fullscreen on the main monitor i've searched the web and found out an apple script that allows WoW (main app i need to have fullscreened on external monitor) to run in external monitor fullscreened even if MBP's monitor is set to main one.
So the problem is - it gets pretty annoying that when i play WoW on external fullscreen my MBP's monitor just stands there black and sometime i lose my cursor ( :mad: ) :
1. Is there a way to keep an app fullscreen on external monitor with an availibility to use main monitor aswell?
2. Is there a way to set settings that if you use external monitor fullscreen and other one is black, to make it that the cursor wont go over the blank (black) screen?

Thank's in advance hope there will be some help found for me :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Set the external monitor to run in "mirror" mode and then use the "clamshell" method. See this Apple KB article about running in clamshell mode. LINK

OP
N
Reaction score
Set the external monitor to run in "mirror" mode and then use the "clamshell" method. See this Apple KB article about running in clamshell mode. LINK
Thank you chscag for a fast reply, indeed that solves the 2. question I was asking for.

Still, would be very happy to see an answer to my 1. question because that ability will be very cool to have.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Question number 1 should be resolved when and if you upgrade to OS X Lion. But for now, you can't do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.