• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Rumor: Apple may release 'iPad 2 Plus' with high-res display this year

Reaction score
Rumor: Apple may release 'iPad 2 Plus' with high-res display this year

If Apple does release a new iPad this year, it will be a high-end model with a greater pixel density display rather than an entirely new third-generation model, according to a new report.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I would be more surprised to see this happen than I would to see a Sprint iPhone in August. Both are highly unlikely, IMHO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP 13 inch unibody 2.3ghz intel i5, 8gb DDR3, 500gb Seagate momentus XT HD, Mac OS X Lion 10.7
Guess we just have to wait and see. I should have waited to buy the next iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
there has been rumor of a fall release ipad for a while now...

at first i blew them off...but these new " rumors " are somewhat intriguing.

no worries though..ipad2 will have killer re-sale vaule for those of us who might want the ipad HD..if it does happen.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I guessed at this rumor before anyone else did. Where's my cookie!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
There comes a point where technology is "good enough" for most things (that I do at least). I hope this comes out in the Fall as I'm looking to buy a refurbished older unit for my Mother and Mother-in-Law. Good stuff.

Reaction score
I've been wanting an iPad since they were first released but I held off for some reason, telling myself that I don't need one as I have my MacBook Pro and iPhone 4. Now, however, the attraction of a 'HD' iPad is much stronger! I guess I'll have to wait and see how much they cost etc etc... :)

Reaction score
I've been wanting an iPad since they were first released but I held off for some reason, telling myself that I don't need one as I have my MacBook Pro and iPhone 4. Now, however, the attraction of a 'HD' iPad is much stronger! I guess I'll have to wait and see how much they cost etc etc... :)

:Smirk::Smirk:

Would like to get an iPad too. Hope it will be available before the back to school promotion ends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Funny, this high-res iPad rumor is almost becoming the new Verizon iPhone rumor. It's been "coming" since mid last year. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I literally just bought an iPad2 for my wife's birthday, but I'd be surprised if this were true. Apple doesn't seem likely to render such a new device out dated so quickly. Besides, no other tablets are even close to the iPad right now, and this would cut into margins and slow down production again just after they managed to get up to full output.

I say rumor.

Reaction score
I'm also going to claim rumor, but I'll also say that if it does happen, they're going to find that I suddenly complain about my light-bleed issues and ask for a gift card.

Note: I've been wanting to take it back for a while now, but until stocks increase and I'm (fairly) certain that the replacement won't have the same problems, I figure it's best to hold off. The above is just killing two birds with one stone ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
My wife scored me a refurbed gen one iPad, I believe it was around $350 or less, which was great as I wasn't sure how much I'd use it. I told her if she was considering one don't go with a full price, 32/64 iPad2, go 16GB and as cheap as possible.

Come to find out, we all really like it (I've posted in other threads about our pretty wide range of usage), so I'm definitely up for a better/bigger one, but I'd *love* an improved display, so I'm excited it's still a consideration, even of this current rumor is just noise.

Glad we didn't go $600+ on one this pass, it makes it easy to dispose or a reasonably cheap second device (for our little person, or for leaving in our main TV area, etc.).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.