Top Sites and Pinning Sites

Reaction score
So what is up with this Top Sites via Safari. It seems even after pinning the site, after a few days or weeks, the sites that are pinned are moved out of the way--no longer on my Top Sites view. So I cannot get a permanent view of the Top Sites I want.

In short, pining a site does not seem to be permanent. I believe I am doing it right. Is there a catch with respect to Top Sites?

M

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See if this article helps. It's about Safari 4 Top Sites but applies to Safari 5 as well.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the article but it only states what I have been doing: pushing the pin to lock the site. Problem is the site, the lock is not permanent.

So either no one else has this problem or no one uses Top Sites or no one uses the lock functionality???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only other suggestion I have is to reset Safari and try setting up the Top Sites again. What you've been doing should work.

You can reset Safari from its menu. Just look first at the categories you wish to reset before selecting it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.