Jailbreak Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27 inch
i am thinking of getting the latest jailbreak - jailbreakme.com on 4.3.3 but when ios 5 comes out will i just be able to update it so the cydia etc will be removed from my phone. I dont want the bother of restoring my iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
i am thinking of getting the latest jailbreak - jailbreakme.com on 4.3.3 but when ios 5 comes out will i just be able to update it so the cydia etc will be removed from my phone. I dont want the bother of restoring my iphone

You will have to re-jailbreak after installing iOS 5, and who knows how long it will be before a jailbreak for iOS 5 will be available.

C

chas_m

Unless you have a specific reason for jailbreaking as I did with my previous iPhone, I can't really recommend it.

There are a few minor perks, but the hassle of having to constantly re-do it (and wait seemingly forever for a foolproof jailbreak to emerge) isn't worth it to me. I was delighted when I did my final-forever jailbreak/unlock on my original iPhone (which cannot be upgraded past 3.1.3) and will GLADLY wait until the end of my contract with this new iPhone 4 to get the phone factory unlocked (they do that here in Canada) instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I was delighted when I did my final-forever jailbreak/unlock on my original iPhone (which cannot be upgraded past 3.1.3) and will GLADLY wait until the end of my contract with this new iPhone 4 to get the phone factory unlocked (they do that here in Canada) instead.

Apple has started selling them unlocked in the US also finally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.