deauthorizing all computers for itunes

Reaction score
I have authorized and deauthorized several computers for my itunes account over the years. However, some of those computers got thrown out, and at least one was probably stolen, before I could deauthorize them. Is there a way I could ask apple to deauthorize all those computers connected to my account and I could authrize the new ones myself?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can deauthorize all computers but only if all five authorizations are being used. So if you need to deauthorize all of them, authorize a few machines until you get to five and then deauthorize all of them at once. You can do this through the account page in iTunes. See here for more info. Note that you can only do that once a year.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Open iTunes - in the menu, head for Store - View My Account.

Put in your password - head for Manage Devices. Click the Remove button.

You can do this once every 12 months.

Then re-authorize all your current machines.

(van beat me - that's what happens when you're watching TV while answering ;D)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.