email via iPhoto

Reaction score
Hi all
I just tried emailling via iPhoto for the first time from my new(ish) mac (10.6.7) and my friend said the text and photos came out on top of one another so she couldn't read it, or see the photos properly.
Anyone else experienced this problem? It was sent to a PC.
Thanks for any suggestions / help.

C

chas_m

I see the problem. Your friend has a PC. :)

Just kidding. The actual problem is that they are using a VERY OLD email client that can't handle HTML-formatted emails. No worries, here's an alternate way to send the picture.

In iPhoto, grab (select) the photo you want to send it and drag it out of iPhoto straight onto the Mail icon in the Dock. Mail will open with a new message and the photo. Add your text and address it to your friend and press send.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks Chas - I have changed the email settings in iPhoto to send via my Mail.app account as someone told me about the HTML thing. I like your trick though - that's neat, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for your help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I like your trick though - that's neat, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for your help :)

Works with any file you have in Finder too. Text, spreadsheet, photo, anything! Just drag it onto the icon and Mail will attach it to a blank e-mail. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.