Youtube videos will not play?

Reaction score
I have the mid-2010 MBP 15" notebook running Snow Leopard. Earlier today I was able to play videos on Youtube. Now I can't. I only get a black box without play/pause toggle controls when cursor is moved. The only significant change was an update Apple pushed for Java today. I can play videos on Hulu and other flash-based video sites. The video doesn't work on Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox. I provided a screenshot below if it helps. Thanks again!
2dt9il2.png

OP
D2K2013
Reaction score
Alright I fixed my own problem. I had to clean out the cache and/or browsing history in all of the browsers. For some reason the videos will not load until the user does so.

Hopefully this thread can help someone in the future. :)

Reaction score
Good call you made there : 80% of computer problems can be solved by reboots or cache resets.

Reaction score
youtube does not work

I have run into the same problem as the original poster with youtube not working. It worked in the morning and now it does not work.

I have uninstalled the old flash player and installed the new version. It did not fix the problem. i then rebooted the computer, that did not work either. I also cleared the cache and internet history from the browser, and that did not work. Please help!

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My computer says I have the latest flash player. Each time I try a video it tells my I must upgrade. I have done this several times with the same results. This sounds like an adobe problem.

Reaction score
cannot play YouTube videos

After a recent system update (I am now running 10.8.3) I cannot play any YouTube videos.

I have tried FireFox, Safari, and Chrome... emptied cache's, updated to latest stable version of Flash, even tried the Beta version of Flash, but nothing has worked.

Still no YouTube video's.:'(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.