Macbook graphics card upgrde

Reaction score
I just got my hands on a macbook (2.2 ghz core 2 duo) it was one of the ones with the faulty NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics card. I want to upgrade the graphics card but don't know witch one to is best suitable for the laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just got my hands on a macbook (2.2 ghz core 2 duo) it was one of the ones with the faulty NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics card. I want to upgrade the graphics card but don't know witch one to is best suitable for the laptop.

You can't upgrade the graphics cards in the MacBooks, or most any laptop of any brand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
Agreed, unless you are dealing with a custom gaming laptop, particularly those based on a Clevo chassis, you will not be able to upgrade your gpu. In your case this is due to the MB using integrated graphics and when dealing with a dedicated gpu, as in my Asus G53JW, upgrades are generally not available because of issues such as heatsink placement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.