How to clean my MacBookPro (SOFTWARE)

Reaction score
Hi, i've a year with my MacBookPro, and it's getting very slow to start the OS...i thinks i have many garbash (many programs installed, very old documents, etc etc), is there any kind of solution to keep my mac clean-uptodate and very fast as the first day? =)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
First of all welcome and second you can edit your original post by the edit button instead of posting again . . .
Navigate to Disk Utility via the Applications folder.
When open click on yourHD in the left column then the First Aid tab. Now look for Repair Permissions and click on it. Let it do what it has to do then when its finished log out then back in and it should be a lot snappier.

if you still experience problems pop back in and there are 3rd party apps that do a deeper and more thorough clean, but DU should be suffice for now.

HTH

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
First of all welcome and second you can edit your original post by the edit button instead of posting again . . .
Navigate to Disk Utility via the Applications folder.
When open click on yourHD in the left column then the First Aid tab. Now look for Repair Permissions and click on it. Let it do what it has to do then when its finished log out then back in and it should be a lot snappier.

if you still experience problems pop back in and there are 3rd party apps that do a deeper and more thorough clean, but DU should be suffice for now.

HTH

Cheers

Good advice. If you find that you still need more cleaning, I've found the 3rd party program OnyX to work very well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.