Paranoid about repairs

Reaction score
I've always heard that letting someone have access to your computer is a bad thing. I started a thread yesterday and found out that my NVIDIA 8600M GT Graphics processor is the cause of my issue (thanks to a member on here), and I may be elligible for essentially a free repair.

I'm a little paranoid because, as have most people, I've downloaded some tv/movies/music/programs/done online banking/etc. and I really don't want to get into trouble or have info stolen.

Should I wipe my harddrive? Take it out myself since the issue is soldered to the logic board?

Edit: I can't even get past the loading screen anymore before it locks up and freezes. Guess all of that is moot...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If you have not legally purchased those TV shows, movies, music, or programs then you won't receive any help here in hiding them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
No guarantees, but I can say when I was in the Genius room, we had no time to look at a user's drive other than to make sure the computer boots once a repair is completed. Technicians at the bar are expected to work with 2-3 people at one time, and folks in the back are cranking out repairs just as fast as their fingers can go. Your bootleg copy of whatever just isn't important enough to waste their time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.