safari vs Chrome browser

Reaction score
is the any different about those two?
I am a safari user and I very happy about it never have problem. However, Today I discover that when I go to safari web to attempt to buy stuff from UK website called Latest DVDs, Blu-ray Movies, PS3, Nintendo, Xbox Games & Music - Free delivery | Zavvi.com. in the delivery section, I can not find Australia. My friend suggested me to try chrome. I though it make no different. But it surprise me that when i tried chrome browser the dropbox of destination cover Australia. It change my thought completely that how good safari compare to chrome browser. Can anyone explain how can this happen?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Stuff happens and it's always nice to have a back up browser just in case. Depends on the website as they don't always support xxx browser.

I have Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. I hear good things about Opera as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro "Harpertown" - 2x 3Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 12gb RAM-
I like Firefox. Been using it for years since I usually play on my pc and I refuse to use IE. Plus, great add-ons make my life easier and ad free! :Cool:

Google scares me with all their sniffing and such, although I am about to get an Android smartphone. :eek:

And I've never cared much for Safari so I keep using Firefox on the Mac too.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Stuff happens and it's always nice to have a back up browser just in case. Depends on the website as they don't always support xxx browser.

I have Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. I hear good things about Opera as well.
I agree that having multiple browsers is a good idea given that as the OP has seen, some browsers don't seem to like certain pages. This problem is becoming less of an issue though and I'd suggest that IE not having 95% of the market anymore is a big cause of that.

Google scares me with all their sniffing and such, although I am about to get an Android smartphone. :eek:
You couldn't be all that scared of Google. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro "Harpertown" - 2x 3Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 12gb RAM-
You couldn't be all that scared of Google. ;)
Heh. I guess at this point I'm still just ignorant enough to go ahead... yet informed enough to know I should be nervous. ;)

I'm hoping that the devs have tricks up their sleeves to make the phones secure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I run Safari 90% of the time but have Firefox for some plugins/addons. Both these have Flash removed/disabled.

I have Chrome, which has Flash built-in, for those Flash-unavoidable times.

And I agree entirely.... no way they can 'crash each other'

C

chas_m

If you're concerned about privacy, there is no way in heck I'd pick up an Android phone. At any price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.