unibody MBP hot while idle/chargin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
Hey guys and gals.

I left my macbook pro upstairs to charge while I was uploading a few large PSD (about 3gb worth) to my dropbox account as well as downloading some raw video footage from a job (about 10GB).. as WELL as charging up from about 50%..

I just went upstairs to grab it and noticed that it's warm... even though the computer was sleeping.

Is this normal? I can't seem to remember for the life of me if i've ever had it idle for a while while it was charging and it was cool to the touch when I grabbed it.

I think i'm just being paranoid.. but does anyone else's macbook pro heat up while just left charging doing natta?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Hey guys and gals.

I left my macbook pro upstairs to charge while I was uploading a few large PSD (about 3gb worth) to my dropbox account as well as downloading some raw video footage from a job (about 10GB).. as WELL as charging up from about 50%..

I just went upstairs to grab it and noticed that it's warm... even though the computer was sleeping.

Is this normal? I can't seem to remember for the life of me if i've ever had it idle for a while while it was charging and it was cool to the touch when I grabbed it.

I think i'm just being paranoid.. but does anyone else's macbook pro heat up while just left charging doing natta?

Was it uploading from the macbook? That is actually a kinda stressful operation. Your mac was probably not idling, it had turned off the display but was still working hard.

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
charging, not "chargin".. how lame am i.

Yes it was uploading from the macbook.. I guess that may be it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.