Automator: Connect to server and open finder

Reaction score
I created a automator app that allows me to connect to a server... double clicking the icon on the desktop prompts me the enter the username and password for my windows machine and allows me the login.

only thing is, right now, once I am connected, I have to goto the finder icon, and it shows up on the left hand side (under shared), but I want it to where as soon as I login, it opens up that window front and center so I can get it to work.

any tips?

thanks!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I had something like this working at one time but had a heck of a time getting it to mount with the window closed. Now I could not get my version to mount with the window open. Suspect I need to delete an invisible DS Store file.

Have a look at this post. It Should get the job done. It is a little cleaner than what I am using. Can't test on a Windows share at the moment but it should work. Pay attention to steps 4-7. I suspect adding them to the workflow should do the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.