Key chain probs after Snow Leopard upgrade

Reaction score
After upgrading to Snow Leopard, I keep getting pop ups asking me to re-enter password for mobile me. If I tick the check box 'remember password' the box just reappears. If I don't, it works for a while and then requests it again. I tried to access the passwords via keychain but although I am the only user with rights, it won't let me have access to re-enter the password. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Keychain entry might be corrupt. I don't think you can change a password from within the Keychain.app. Try this: open the Keychain.app and find the entry for MobileMe and delete it. Close the Keychain.app and then enter a new password from within MobileMe and save it.

MobileMe is going away later this year anyway and will be replaced by the new iCloud. According to Apple that will happen this Fall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.