Should I sell my iPad 2 for a Laptop?

Reaction score
So I bought an iPad 2 in late April and I love playing with it, but the truth is, I spend most of the time playing flash games and using programs on my PC. So should I just sell my ipad 2 for a laptop or just stick with my iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You might want to wait and see what IOS5 brings to the table. Unless you need the money why not keep both.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would hold on to the iPad for awhile as the previous reply suggested. It is interesting to note that many folks who bought iPads in the midst of the "feeding frenzy" when the iPad 2 was announced, are now reconsidering their purchase.

The bottom line is that an iPad was never designed to replace a portable computer whether it be a Mac or PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 930 Hackintosh, 24GB RAM; 2011 13" MBA, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage; iPad2
I agree with the other folks in this thread. Hold onto it, and just purchase a laptop unless you really need the money. The iPad was meant as a compliment to your PC/Mac and not as a replacement no matter what people think. It's up to you though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
I also agree with this. That said after using iOS5 for a few weeks now I can honestly say that with the official launch of iCloud an iPad will be able to function quite well for mobile needs provided you fully embrace apple. Specifically, I'm referring to the document syncing with the iWork suite. Not to mention photostream and some of the other automatic sync features. If you're a PC guy then even with iOS5 it likely won't live up to your expectations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
I do NOT agree with previous posters.
Maybe that's because I have a Windows 7 laptop but 'er indoors wants an iPad of some sort. (Insert Happy smilie)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I had an ipad 1 then bought an 11 inch air. it ruined my experience with the ipad 1. all i used was the 11 inch air. it did everything and more. it wasnt even decked out it was a base model and it still was awesome. now i leave my air at my parents so ive been thinking of doing the ipad thing again. if you like playing flash games and stuff like that 11 inch air is the way to go. you will not be disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Always the newest iPad
Hold on to it and if you do need a laptop sell it and buy one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.