Kernal Panic during Snow Leopard Reinstallation

Reaction score
So, I have been using my Mid-2010 Macbook so far, and I want to sell it now as I will be upgrading to a Macbook Pro. I am trying to reinstall the operating system after formatting it and sell it on Ebay, and I use the Snow Leopard installation disc and I boot it by holding the 'alt-' button and choosing the DVD drive. Now, after 40 secs, it brings up a Kernal Panic error "Hold the power button to restart".

I have looked up this issue online, and there seem to be a lot of complaints but no one seems to have put up a solution to this problem. I do not want to buy a new Snow Leopard installation disk, as Lion OSX will be released in a couple of weeks.

Please let me know how I can reinstall the snow leopard operating system without Kernal Panic Errors?

Thanks !

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you using the correct Snow Leopard DVD? The original one that came with your computer and packed in the same box? If you're sure the DVD is the correct one, it's possible that the disk may be scratched or damaged.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP: Please do not cross post or double post. Post the same subject to the same thread. No need to post twice. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.