Massive display glitches! Need help.

Reaction score
This is happening to my 2007 macbook pro.

It glitched out a two days ago for the first time, the entire screen looked like it turned into an Atari game. I shut down, restarted, it was still wiggy, so I restarted again and it was fine.

Then yesterday it went bonkers. I can't even get past the white loading screen when I turn on my laptop. It will act like it's turning on, but the apple insignia is glitchy and then it freezes. It is totally unresponsive except when I press the volume buttons I can hear the volume change. Which leads me to believe that the computer is still functioning but the screen video is unresponsive.

I can't even check the specs on it because I can't get past the loading screen. I had no time to retrieve files or anything.

This thread is seemingly the same problem, with a different mac and a picture of the issue: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/241602-my-imac-early-2008-video-display-glitches-hard-freezes-help.html

Is my laptop totally screwed? I'm going to try and go to the nearest Apple store on Tuesday. I opened it up and replaced the LCD screen back in January. It worked fine since then so I doubt I messed anything up.

Got any ideas? This means I'm without a computer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Read this KB article from Apple. LINK If you think your 2007 MBP falls into this category, take it on in to your local Apple Store or give them a call. You may be eligible for a free repair.

OP
K
Reaction score
Read this KB article from Apple. LINK If you think your 2007 MBP falls into this category, take it on in to your local Apple Store or give them a call. You may be eligible for a free repair.

Wow, that's exactly my model. I just got it to boot and I have that graphics processor they're talking about, and it was built in July 07.

I'll give the Apple Store a call and see what's up. Hopefully I can get it fixed or something. Thanks a ton!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.