• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Audio in iMovie not fading out properly when viewing in full screen mode

Reaction score
Computer is a 27" iMac, i7 processor, 2 terrabyte HD and 4 gig ram. Purchased brand new in December of 2010, guessing I have iMovie 2011? Spent 5 hours editing a video and everything was working perfectly. Go to finalize and it gives me an error message "not enough memory in the heap file". I restart computer, install some updates and the message goes away.

After finalizing, the music doesn't fade completely out when playing in full screen mode. I check my edits and the ducking is checked and it actually fades properly in the small screen edit mode. Full screen is quirky though, sometimes it fades properly, other times it doesn't. Any idea what's going on?

I'm a bit frustrated as we spent a LOT of money on this thing to hopefully eliminate these frustrating bugs I've had in the past editing on a slow PC. Now I'm running into the same thing. Your help is appreciated!

OP
C
Reaction score
I should also note, the music does fade but not to the level I specified. I have it fading down to a level 1 but it seems like it's only fading down to maybe 50%. (it's far too loud) Again, if I'm viewing on the small edit screen it works perfectly, this is only in full screen mode.

OP
C
Reaction score
Anyone? I'm really at a loss here.

Another problem I just discovered is that for some reason the music isn't quite as loud in the second half of the video. So the first minute music is at the appropriate volume. (lets say 100%), then I duck it down to you can hear some dialogue for a minute. Then, I bring back the music for the last minute but the music is at about 80% volume. I checked all my settings in the inspector window and they're all consistent. I even pulled down the audio graph and it all looks consistent too.

Any idea how to fix these issues? Here's the video in question: More Stryker Combat 6-30-11 on Vimeo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
If you have iMovie11, you can adjust the volume better than using the Inspector and the ducking tool. in iMovie Help, enter audio volume and then look at the "Adjust the volume of a portion of an audio or a video clip" topic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.