iPhone 4 Battery Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB of RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.2| iPhone 4 32GB Black.
Ok this is what's happening... I charge my phones battery all the way up all day long. Everything is updated on it, no tasks are running in the background at all. I make sure they aren't because I heard it consumes battery life. Say I'll be listening to music for a few hours takes the battery to 75% I go to another app and browse it and stuff, go to the home page and exit out all the apps and bam it turns off with 75% left on the battery... I try to turn it back on, no go. It gives me the red battery and the plug to the power sign.

ITS NOT DEAD!!! Still has 75% left... I wait 20 minutes and try to turn it back on and it comes back on then 10 minutes later bam dead again and leaves me mad...

What do you think is the problem? Short circuit? Bad battery? Have you guys heard of anything like this before? Please help me.... :(

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
When did you get the iPhone 4? Has it always been like this or only recently? How often do you charge the battery? Do you allow it to discharge down and then charge it up or do you tend to leave the phone on charge when not in use?

If you recently purchased the phone then definitely take it back to Apple store to have it looked at and replaced, even if you are within the first year, you have AppleCare, so go that route and see if they can help you..

If things were working great initially and then have no begun to fail due to the way you charge/use the battery, then you might have to pay out of pocket to have the battery replaced..

OP
snugy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB of RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.2| iPhone 4 32GB Black.
This iPhone was a replacement from my original iPhone 4. The original iPhone 4 sleep button got stuck and it was replaced by Apple. So I've probably have had this current iPhone 4 for about 7 months. I've had the iPhone 4 since it came out, I know that it's applecare is up and done with because its been over a year now...

Its been doing this recently, ever since its been doing this ive had to charge the battery to turn it back on. I did a full restore a couple days ago and it didnt help. I tend to use the phone till the battery dies and charge when i really need it but i haven't been able to actually get the phone to 0% because of this.

How much would it cost to be replaced?

C

chas_m

It does sound to me as if the battery is bad. I doubt the entire iPhone needs to be replaced, but you should schedule a visit with your cell provider at one of their corporate stores where they can actually do something about this. Alternatively, find a retail Apple Store if one is near you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 Mini's (1.83(2GB ram/320GB HDD & 2.26 GHz 2GB ram/160GB HDD))
How much would it cost to be replaced?

A new battery would run you about $20 from what I've seen on the internet. You can replace it yourself, it's pretty straight forward.

Mark

OP
snugy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*Update*

I went to the Apple store a couple days ago I totally forgot about apple care and it was expired by 2 weeks.. But he said he has me backed up and the whole phone has to be replaced. It was the battery and it was expanding and pushing both the front and back glass out. He opened up the phone and the battery was huge. So i got a new iPhone 4 for free, thanks Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
Kudos to Apple for replacing your iPhone 4!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.