New Minis on the Way, Discuss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
No I'm not saying that people are making this up. I can well believe that there have been upgrades to the mac mini. What I am saying is that people are to easy to believe something has changed when it hasn't and it’s just a bunch of stupid kinds playing around with there computer. (See my attachment) So yes the mini has changed and I can well accept that. I do feel a bit sceptical to acknowledge these changes, as 9 out of 10 of them are crap.

Lies.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - 3.06 C2D - 4 GB RAM & Mac Mini - 1.66 Intel - 2GB RAM
hojkoff_101 said:
So when does this mini mac upgrade get announced?
Last I heard, Apple admitted to making the changes, but said they weren't changing the boxes or anything, so that people couldn't take back a mini they had just bought for a "upgraded" model. Instead, Apple is taking the road of "you will get a mini with at least the minimum specs listed on the box". In other words, if you get an upgraded mini, good for you. If you get one of the 1.42Ghz models, well that's what's stated on the box, so.... :spook:

Personally, I was going to be buying a mini this Friday... I was, until my rent went up by $200. So now I've gotta wait a few more weeks... Maybe I'll just wait until I can buy the new iMac G5! :)

H

hangtown

hojkoff_101 said:
No I'm not saying that people are making this up. I can well believe that there have been upgrades to the mac mini. What I am saying is that people are to easy to believe something has changed when it hasn't and it’s just a bunch of stupid kinds playing around with there computer. (See my attachment) So yes the mini has changed and I can well accept that. I do feel a bit sceptical to acknowledge these changes, as 9 out of 10 of them are crap.

I fully agree there's no secret mac mini with the specs listed in that attachment... if there is I'd like to secretly "trade" with them. :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
That’s pretty weird of them if you ask me. Why bother? Why not just make the changes to all of the mini's and then give everyone the upgrade? In my opinion this is pretty unprofessional of them. I was going to be buying a mini as well but I don't think that I'm going to bother now. I don't like this uncertainty that I'm not going to get what I could get for my money. And living in the UK (especially Scotland!) i think that the chance is even less!

I think that the mini is also in line for the next big upgrade. The 'basic' spec on the box is getting a bit out dated now. 4200rpm HDD is a bit on the slow side now. Also pretty much everything else has been changed. The PowerBook the PowerMac, the iMac, the eMac (well.....removed) the iPod. Even the displays have been updated. The only things not to have been updated are the iBook and the mini. I really feel that there going to be a big change to them next. Even if it's not big they'll get changed. What does everybody else feel?

I recon that you're rent mishap may end up working in you're favour regards your next computer!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.