is a mac mini for me? help!

Reaction score
alright so i basically just want it to search the we,photoshop,itunes,downloa music,use jdownloader, and for burning videos. Would a mac mini be good for me?:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Probably if you get a later model Intel Mini. As they originally were released as G4, that model would not be the go at all. Say a June 2010 model with 2.66GHz processor would fit your needs. Original US price was $699 so one about $350-400 would be near the mark. Make sure you have adequate memory. They can handle up to 8GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you read the response?

If you get a sufficiently fast processor and memory.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What is your budget? The Mac Mini is the cheapest Mac that can be purchased and as harryb indicated, the newest versions are quite capable of doing a lot..

If you can afford more than the Mac Mini price, then you have more options..

P.S., why do people add 'lol' randomly to posted? I mean what's there to laugh about, randomly too??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
It is worth noting that the Mac Mini DOES NOT include a monitor OR keyboard OR mouse.

Those are not expensive to buy (off brand at least). If you desire to go all Apple hardware (computer, keyboard and display) it would be very expensive. The display is something like 750$.

Mac Mini is good for what you said I'm sure, get a cheap keyboard/mouse combo from walmart (40..60$), and a monitor you like. There are hundreds that would work. If you go that route, be aware that the monitor needs an HDMI input (thats the kind of chord that runs out of the mini to the monitor).

hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Any of the newer (2010) mini's will be fine for your purposes. The other option is a used MacBookPro which you can purchase through the refurb store @ Apple or on ebay

OP
H
Reaction score
I have the keyboard,magic trackpad, and the HDMi cord. Looks like im getting a mini tomorrow. Im new to mac im tired of windows, im sure the mini would look great on my Vizio, thanks a lot!

Reaction score
I have the keyboard,magic trackpad, and the HDMi cord. Looks like im getting a mini tomorrow. Im new to mac im tired of windows, im sure the mini would look great on my Vizio, thanks a lot!

A good choice. Tell everyone how it worked out once you have it and get it set up. Being sick and tired of Windows at the time in 2009 was one of the reasons I wanted to try OS X. The other reason was I wanted a Mac since 1986 when it was the Apple II E. I almost picked up a II E, but at the time I didn't have the money to do same. It only took me 23 years later to finally get a Mac. It was worth the wait.

May God Bless!

Ed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.