Airplay question

Reaction score
I wanted to use my apple tv with my iPod touch with sky fire, if I use my jailbroken iPod touch with bt stack for my bluetooth keyboard and mouse along remote hd to control the atv2, would that work well? I was considering buying an apple tv, and this is mostly what I want it for. Also, how would the resolution be from my iPod touch 4g to the tv screen? It would mostly be a permanent thing since I don't use my iPod since I got my iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I wanted to use my apple tv with my iPod touch with sky fire, if I use my jailbroken iPod touch with bt stack for my bluetooth keyboard and mouse along remote hd to control the atv2, would that work well? I was considering buying an apple tv, and this is mostly what I want it for. Also, how would the resolution be from my iPod touch 4g to the tv screen? It would mostly be a permanent thing since I don't use my iPod since I got my iPad.

The bigger question here is if Skyfire even supports AirPlay. I don't use it, but I'm not seeing anything that outright states that it does support it. Last official word that I can find is that they "are looking into it". And even if it did, AirPlay normally only works for audio/video, not outright mirroring, though that is to change with iOS 5 on supported devices (iPad2 only so far).

OP
J
Reaction score
The bigger question here is if Skyfire even supports AirPlay. I don't use it, but I'm not seeing anything that outright states that it does support it. Last official word that I can find is that they "are looking into it". And even if it did, AirPlay normally only works for audio/video, not outright mirroring, though that is to change with iOS 5 on supported devices (iPad2 only so far).

I was planning on using AirPlay enabler, which enables AirPlay on 3rd party apps, however, sky fire does not work properly with it, but safari works well enough fro. What I have read. Do you think the keyboard and trackpad should work well enough? I probably won't need remote hd after all, as AirPlay should work perfectly well with safari. I am just wondering, if should use iPod tough 4g, because I am unsure of the resolution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.