CoD: Punkbuster is busting my balls!

Reaction score
I have Call of Duty and CoD: United Offensive, and I'm finding that on some servers in CoD, and all servers (that i've played on, which isn't many coz they're hard to find), I get kicked for not having the right punkbuster version (auto updates do not work). A few times I gotten this message:

PB server requires A1347 C1.203 - error loading pbag

OptusNet gives me this message

Server running old version C1.193

in any case, it them spits out crap about how it can't resolve evenbalance.com to automarically update and I get kicked.

I went to punkbuster.com/evenbalace.com and manually downloaded and installed all the files. I first tried placing them into Applications/Call of Duty/PB, and then tried placing them into Home/Library/Applcation Suppoer/Call of Duty/PB. But it didn't help.

I also tried their self-updating thingy that you run from within the PB folder and it is supposed to do its thing, but I got an error message with that:

** ERROR: Unknown game referenced in PB data file

:(

I'm at a loss. Is there anyone out there still plaing CoD that has resolved these issues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz mac book pro, 2MB of RAM, mac OSX 10.5
i am having very similar problems on battlefield 2142. even balnce hasn't been any help on the support tickets. let me know if you find an answer, i will do the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, iMac 1.6ghz
I play cod uo 1.41 and 1.51 and only 1.41 works for me. I have used pbsetup and it says it updates my files but still i get booted on 1.51. I need a fix too.

ChrisNg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.