Running Xbox 360 on a MacBook

Reaction score
So my goal is to be able to use my apple laptop as a monitor for games on my Xbox 360. (1) I am not quite sure where to begin, so first is this indeed possible? (2) If it is, what cords/adapters would I need and what are their approximate costs. (3) Also, would I need any other peripherals such as speakers to differentiate between left and right sounds? (4) Next, how would I go about setting this up? (5) And finally, what are your opinions or thoughts on performance for the following systems: MacBook, MacBook Pro (15 inch), an iMac. Are all powerful enough to generate the graphics required by the 360, or since the 360 is doing all the work, will the only thing factoring in be the resolution of each of those machines? If you could help out with any of these questions, that would be great! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
As far as I know, the only port capable of such input is the Thunderbolt port on the new iMacs. I have not seen or read anything indicating that you can do the same with the MacBook Pro's Thunderbolt port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.