Portal 2 Maps, Props and effects coverage for garrys mod theory!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid-2010 4gb ram
It has come to my attention that Garry, the creator of Garry's mod, is not going to port portal 2 content anytime soon as seen on his blog: Garry's Blog » Blog Archive » Portal 2 Content

This gives us Garry's mod experts (Not including me) to come up with a solution that can help us get Portal 2 content into Garry's mod. Im not just talking props and a few effects, We are going to go the whole nine yards and get maps, props, Effects and maybe even soundtrack. As i am typing this, Source Finagler (A VPK Extractor for mac) is copying my portal 2 models, materials and particles into Garry's mod. This will enable walls, plants, elevators and other props and effects to work properly.

Next to maps, this is a lot easier, Just go into your common folder, portal 2, portal 2 and then maps. Try one (Not including the credits and try not to include the beggining).

Like i said, Its a theory, !!AND THE GAME USES A NEW SOURCE ENGINE SO I CAN BE SOUNDING LIKE AN IDIOT RIGHT NOW!!

Anyway, try it if you have gmod & portal 2. If it works i know there will be some happy people in the gmod community.

P.S. Get props W/ Spawnlist here even if you dont have portal 2! But maps wont work and you will see black and pink and nobody likes that:

Portal 2 content megapack extravaganza

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid-2010 4gb ram
Nope, No maps, the source engine is too new. Well, props work though, you just need a spawnlist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.