Macbook Pro or Macbook Air 2011 Refresh

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am going into my Freshman year of college and was wondering what would be the best computer choice for me. I have an imac at home and it is only 45 minutes away from the college I will be attending. I am not a computer gamer, nor do i use imovie or photo editing very often, and when i do it is rarely for long periods of time. Would the air be better for my needs? Or should i simply get a pro and then upgrade to ssd when they become cheaper? and and all information and opinions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Since you have an iMac at home and it seems you're close by, and based on what you say you use a computer for, an Air would certainly be a lot more convenient to carry around from class to class in a back pack. We don't know when the Air will be refreshed and what will be offered with it, but rumor has it that a new model will be released sometime this Summer.

It might be a good idea to wait on the newer models before deciding between an Air and MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.