Mac os x and linksys wireless router

Reaction score
My Linksys wireless router works fine but my question is where in the Mac do I find the passwords that came with the router in order to restrict access? I want to change these passwords.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Default passwords come with the router...Look in your router information pamphlet. You change the passwords after logging into your router.

This information is not on your Mac...but accessed usually by 192.168.1.1 in your browser.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The password settings are found in the router. I'm not familiar with the Linksys router configuration page but I imagine that the settings can be found under something akin to "Administration."

If you haven't changed the default, the user is admin and the password is either admin or blank (not entirely sure though). What model do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As others have advised the information is in the handbook and it is admin for both user name and password. Simply change to a strongly coded password using the configuration page. Suggest using WPA2 Personal with a thirteen numeric/alphabet password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.