Outlook 2011 appointments not visible

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I very recently converted to a MacBook Pro from a pc -- very happy with the transition so far.

One problem I'm having is with the calendar in Outlook 2011. If I add a new appointment, it's not visible at all in the Day/Work/Week/Month calendar view. I have to click on the "Tools" tab and then go to "My Day" to view appointments.

It doesn't seem like it should be this confusing, but I'm completely stumped here. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem as described by Rollin.

"If I add a new appointment, it's not visible at all in the Day/Work/Week/Month calendar view. I have to click on the "Tools" tab and then go to "My Day" to view appointments. "

I too am completely stumped. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? or some other fix?. PLEASE even if the answer is obvious let me know !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I support Outlook 2011
I have exactly the same problem as described by Rollin.

"If I add a new appointment, it's not visible at all in the Day/Work/Week/Month calendar view. I have to click on the "Tools" tab and then go to "My Day" to view appointments. "

I too am completely stumped. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? or some other fix?. PLEASE even if the answer is obvious let me know !!

Left hand side, is your calendar 'Checked' and visible?

Reaction score
Hi MSMacMan,

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately i still can't figure it out. I feel like a real dumbo. And I have used Outlook calendar on a PC for 15 years!

For example I have just accepted a meeting, from my inbox, for Thursday 26 Jan 10.30 - 11.30 AM. It appears in the Tools/My Day view but does not appear in the default Home view. Screenshot attached. I cannot find the "Checked and Visible" setting you refer to. I am sure there is a basic setting I have wrong but I can't figure it out.:Confused:

Any help you can spare much appreciated.

Calendar_screenshot.jpg

Reaction score
same problem. Help!

Help! I Have the same issue, and I don't have any "checked and visible" options either. Benket, did you ever solve this problem? If so, how did you do it?

Reaction score
Hi Scrumrine.

I did not solve this problem. It is really annoying. If you find the solution please can you post it on this thread.

Reaction score
missing appointments

I found your posts looking for the answer as I had the same problem.

I have a few calendars showing on the left. They've come from various imports, creating new to test and from sync activity I think. When I originally imported my pst from outlook, I had only one calendar and had no issues with it.

A little while ago today, I was trying to add an appointment and it wouldn't retain the time frame I had selected by click/drag. Started playing with it and realized that somehow the first calendar had gotten unchecked or maybe wasn't even showing before I started doing this. Not really conscious of what check boxes were there.

If you highlight any of the calendars, the content for that particular calendar shows up only but if that first calendar is highlighted you see everything.

I thought maybe whatever one I had highlighted was corrupted somehow so I decided to create a new calendar. Then I can see all the check boxes, shown in the attachment and everything I was expecting to see is there.

I don't see any calendars or check boxes in your smart folders area but maybe if you create a new calendar, it will show up like mine did. Maybe a little bug...

Hope that helps.

CheckedVisible.png

Reaction score
addl info on appointments missing in calendar

Another thing that might be impacting it, maybe related to your email service / syncing. I recently changed to IMAP from POP and these folders are tied to that as well.

Reaction score
I found the answer.
This worked for me. Hope it does for you.

When initially configuring Outlook 2011, I unchecked the box in Preferences|General|Hide On My Computer folders. This caused my smart folders (in Calendar) not to be visible to me, therefore I was unable to check the Calendar folder to display my appointments within my calendar.

Simply check the box in Preferences|General|Hide On My Computer folders, then click the box next to Calendar in the Smart Folders area to the left. This will display your appointments.

Note: If you uncheck the Hide On My Computer folders at anytime, your appointments will not display in Calendar.

Hope this helps someone out there. I know the original question is really old but it helped me to get here to answer this question.

Cheers!!
ImTron

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.