Can a Mirosoft USB port wirless mouse work on a MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
I have a 3 yr old MacBookPro, 15 inch, with software updated up to Lion - but not that OS. My apple mouse I got when I got the laptop died. I have a Microsoft wireless mouse that works via plugging it into a USB port. Can I make this mouse work on my MBP? If so, how do I set it up. When I plug the part into the USB port on my MBP the green diode on it glows steadily! Thanks,
Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
use the button on your mouse and the usb one to sync should work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
You shouldn't have to do anything to make the mouse work. I plugged my Microsoft wireless mouse when I first got this MBP and it was automatically and almost instantly available to use. I did wind up getting an Apple Magic Mouse because there would be a lot of lag when using the Microsoft Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2012 13" MBA Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, OS X 10.7.4
Can a Microsoft USB port wireless mouse work on a MBP?

It can run with no problem I was troubleshooting a friends Windows unit because he had a problem with the mouse. I tried it on my Mac and it worked fine. It turned out that he had a bad USB input on his machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.