Best MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hi there Everybody!
I come from Italy and next August I will have a brand new MacBook Pro, with no limited budget (birthday excuse O:))
;D;D;D:Evil::Evil::Evil:;D;D.
Sooo, what's the bestest best out there?
I was thinking of buying it (MBP 15 inches) with a preinstalled anti-glare hd screen.
Any advices? (Ram (yep I will upgrade it), CPU, and all that stuff :Angry-Tongue:)
Thanks guys!
Ciao

Gian

P.S. mind that probably I'm gonna take up App developing on that machine!

Reaction score
Easy question - the 13" for portability, the larger ones for power.

I like a balance of both, so for me it turned out to be a high power 13" with 8gig RAM and, soon, 480 gig SSD drive.

If money is no problem, get the 16gig RAM upgrade, 480 gig 6g SSD, and an external Cinema display or two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Fall 2009 MacBookPro5,2 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM
Be aware that Apple does not let anyone know when they will upgrade one of their line. It is always a big game that Apple Marketing plays.

The Mac Book (white plastic model, bottom of the Apple portable line) and Mac Book Air (thin, light, Optical drive is external to computer) have been predicted to be up for renewal in the next month or so.

Better than listening to me. Read this forum for advice on when upgrades are due: Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

CGI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
I think you got to decide what is the right size for you, then spec it out.

For me, I wanted the 13" size first and foremost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hi there Everybody!
I come from Italy and next August I will have a brand new MacBook Pro, with no limited budget (birthday excuse )

Sooo, what's the bestest best out there?
I was thinking of buying it (MBP 15 inches) with a preinstalled anti-glare hd screen.
Any advices? (Ram (yep I will upgrade it), CPU, and all that stuff :Angry-Tongue:)
Thanks guys!
Ciao

Gian

P.S. mind that probably I'm gonna take up App developing on that machine!

I think I just bought the machine that you'd like ;P :Cool::Mischievous:

Check out this thread for the unboxing pics:

MacBook Pro Unboxing

It's all maxed out except for the RAM. It has the top Processor for 15" @ 2.3GHz QuadCore i7 as well as the Hi Res Anti Glare, BEAUTIFUL screen btw!

I just went to the store and picked it up on Thursday and I am in total awe at how awesome it is!

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mina

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2012 13" MBA Core i5 1.8 GHz, 4GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, OS X 10.7.4
You can't really go wrong with any of them, but you have to decide first what you want to carry around with you. The 13" is smaller and lighter than the others and is a real winner. The 15" and 17" an offer more goodies, but with a weight differential which makes lugging it around a real chore at times. I have a 15" MacBook Pro (2010 model) with the Core i7 2.8 GHz processor, 4GB RAM. 500 GB HDD and Hi-res matte screen and I love it. I just wish it were easier to lug around. I guess I should've gotten the 13" model. Oh well, live and learn as I always say. Either way, I still love my machine. Just decide how much you want to carry around and then add the hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.