imac Facetime camera won't work in Windows Movie Maker

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
Hey Everybody..

So I've got me a new imac here with one of these fancy-dancy facetime cameras or what ever the **** they changed the name too...

I dual boot with win7. When I'm in windows I can't seem to capture any audio in Movie Maker. The camera works fine as far as picture is concerned but there is zero audio.

I made a test call with Skype and the audio seems to work fine there.. so I'm lost & confused. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I mean not having movie maker working properly doesn't really make me sad or anything.. but I have to spend a couple hours each day in Windows for work related BS so it would be nice to have it working.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hey Everybody..

So I've got me a new imac here with one of these fancy-dancy facetime cameras or what ever the **** they changed the name too...

I dual boot with win7. When I'm in windows I can't seem to capture any audio in Movie Maker. The camera works fine as far as picture is concerned but there is zero audio.

I made a test call with Skype and the audio seems to work fine there.. so I'm lost & confused. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I mean not having movie maker working properly doesn't really make me sad or anything.. but I have to spend a couple hours each day in Windows for work related BS so it would be nice to have it working.

Thanks.

If Skype is recognizing the microphone, then it seems that the problem is Movie Maker. Does it have a built-in preference that has defaulted to, say, an external microphone rather than an internal one?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
If Skype is recognizing the microphone, then it seems that the problem is Movie Maker. Does it have a built-in preference that has defaulted to, say, an external microphone rather than an internal one?

Sorry for my delayed response here.. you were absolutely right. I found it under options and switched it the camera mic instead of the external option that it had defaulted to.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.