Mail altering photo attachment colours

Reaction score
Hi there,

When attaching photos to emails, my Mail program often alters the colours of the photo - the colours are still relative to each other, but any yellows or greens will looks almost like highlighter/fluoro yellows or greens, blues looks amost purple, darker spots become much darker, etc.

This will also happen even if I simply forward an email with the file attached.

The photos are generally 1-8MB in size, and I really need to sort this out as it's part of my job!

Also, when resizing photos to make them smaller (just using Preview), the photos will often be rendered in their negative form, and I will have to either delete the copied file and start again, or resize it again so it is in its original form - I'm not sure if these problems would be related in any way?

I'm using a black MacBook (one of the few-years-old black ones) with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mail 3.6.

Is it simply a fault with my MacBook? I haven't been able to find anything else like this online yet...

Thanks very much in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.