Free Wacom "Bamboo Paper" only a day left!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I JUST came across this app, though I don't have an iPad, I think it might be worth downloading for future use. For those of you whom do have an iPad, and like to doodle as well as create presentations or draw etc.. Looks worth checking out. This works in conjunction with Wacom's new $30 Bamboo Stylus for the iPad.

You can check out a review on Terry White's blog (which is pretty cool in general) here: Wacom Outs A New iPad Stylus and Sketching App

Go get it while it's free! (the app that is, not the Stylus)

Doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Here's a stupid question. Why is there such separation between the "App Store" and the "iTunes Store" ? I thought that the App store was supposed to pretty much do away with buying apps from within iTunes? I'm looking for Bamboo Paper in the App Store with no results. Says I have to look in the iTunes store.

That's quite annoying and IMO unnecessary. Kind of like the all over the place experience one might attribute to a different kind of mobile OS.. ech hem... Just sayin'.

doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
It's 'cause the App Store in OSX is technically the Mac App Store, the "App Store" for iOS devices is handled through either iTunes OR the App Store on the device (where it then only shows iOS apps) - I'm sure it's related to how the devices are synced and maintained by iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Done and thanks for sharing Doug.
I havnt a iPad as of yet, but in the future at some point in time i will have one. I have quite a few iPad apps that i have dl in preparation for when i do. Do you buy or get the free iPad apps thining the same ?? Does anybody else dl iPad Apps not having one thinking they will in the future of iPhone apps knowing you will buy one in the future ??
Curious to see who does.

Cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I think it'd be a pitb having the iOS apps and OS X apps in the same store.

It'd be an impetus for the growth of the forum though, as there'd be thousands of dummies going "But, I thought it was a Mac app. I don't even have an iPad/iPhone/iPod. How do I get my money back?".

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
"But, I thought it was a Mac app. I don't even have an iPad/iPhone/iPod. How do I get my money back?".

ROFL. And that's the number one reason why Apple keeps them separate.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I just wouldn't want to have to scroll through all those thousands of junk IOS apps. Right now the Mac App store is still browsable - the IOS app store is not - at least not for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Done and thanks for sharing Doug.
I havnt a iPad as of yet, but in the future at some point in time i will have one. I have quite a few iPad apps that i have dl in preparation for when i do. Do you buy or get the free iPad apps thining the same ?? Does anybody else dl iPad Apps not having one thinking they will in the future of iPhone apps knowing you will buy one in the future ??
Curious to see who does.

Cheers
I was downloading and storing temporarily free/cheaper apps like a squirrel 2 years before I got a iPod Touch :p

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just wouldn't want to have to scroll through all those thousands of junk IOS apps. Right now the Mac App store is still browsable - the IOS app store is not - at least not for me.

Um, the UI could very easily be modified so that both stores were consolidated. Just have another fairly large icon and text separating the two! Sorry but, that would be the most logical and easy thing to do IMO. I don't think that it's a very good idea to keep the app stores totally separated.

I mean, on one hand you've got iTunes for iPhone and iPod apps, right? Last time I looked at iTunes, this was the case. (it's been a long time though) Those are still considered iOS apps. So why separate them at all ? Makes very little sense to me. iOS is iOS IMO. And you don't have to search through pages of junk, because there are categories. Moreover, the search box makes it even easier.

Doug

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Um, the UI could very easily be modified so that both stores were consolidated. Just have another fairly large icon and text separating the two! Sorry but, that would be the most logical and easy thing to do IMO. I don't think that it's a very good idea to keep the app stores totally separated.

I mean, on one hand you've got iTunes for iPhone and iPod apps, right? Last time I looked at iTunes, this was the case. (it's been a long time though) Those are still considered iOS apps. So why separate them at all ? Makes very little sense to me. iOS is iOS IMO. And you don't have to search through pages of junk, because there are categories. Moreover, the search box makes it even easier.

Doug

I'm not talking about searching - I'm talking about just casually browsing. Once upon a time - when the iPad was still new to me - I used to keep up with what the new apps were and enjoyed seeing all the items that were being created. I'd 'browse' casually through the IOS store on the iPad and see if anything looked interesting. Nowadays - there are just too many apps - so I don't do that anymore. I do still do that on the Mac. Yes there are categories - but with something on the order of 400,000 IOS apps - and who knows what percentage are actually of decent quality - I'm just saying I wouldn't want that muddying my view on the Mac app store.

Yes - of course the UI could be modified so the two were distinct areas - that would be fine by me - and who knows maybe they'll head that direction anyway. iTunes has been the mechanism for iOS devices since day one - both for sync as well as downloads, but it wouldn't surprise me to see an IOS app store materialize eventually on iOS devices - especially since all the syncing will be done via the cloud soon.

Either way - I definitely prefer them to be separate - meaning - don't display IOS apps in my App store unless I click on something to make that happen. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.