Ipod Classic Problem (syncing)

Reaction score
I've had my Ipod Classic 80 gb for about 2 years now and had no problems until the other day I tried syncing it and it ERASED all my music and >now will NOT open itunes or sync.... It just says "connected-eject before disconnecting" every time I plug it in. I've also tried restarting the ipod with no success> Please help with any suggestion/THX;D

OP
S
Reaction score
ANY1
I just took it to best buy ( geek squad ) and they reset it as I did and said to update/ buy new 1 ? :Grimmace: I have basically the newest version of the classic and I need a 80gb ipod for all my music sooooo I would like to avoid just tossing this and getting the same thing again... Should I conntact apple or send it to them?

OP
S
Reaction score
I've had my Ipod Classic 80 gb for about 2 years now and had no problems until the other day I tried syncing it and it ERASED all my music and >now will NOT open itunes or sync.... It just says "connected-eject before disconnecting" every time I plug it in. I've also tried restarting the ipod with no success> Please help with any suggestion/THX;D

ANY1
I just took it to best buy ( geek squad ) and they reset it as I did and said to update/ buy new 1 ? :Grimmace: I have basically the newest version of the classic and I need a 80gb ipod for all my music sooooo I would like to avoid just tossing this and getting the same thing again... Should I conntact apple or send it to them?

C

chas_m

It's out of warranty, so there's nothing Apple is going to do for you unless you had Applecare on it, so the answer would in fact be "go get a new one."

I'm not sure I understand how you lost any of your music, however. The iPod syncs from your iTunes Library, so all the tunes that were on it must logically also be on your computer. So you shouldn't have lost any music at all.

OP
S
Reaction score
That SUCKS! I have all my music in tunes - it just took all my music and cleared it off the ipod> my iphone - nano - and shuffle all still work with itunes but the classic is no being recognized?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.