Photo Booth Pictures Disappear?

Reaction score
Last night, I took a bunch of photos and videos on Photo Booth with my friend, and we noticed a lot of them were missing at the bottom after a while. So we deleted a lot of photos that were already in Photo Booth from a few weeks ago because we thought maybe photo booth was too full. After this, we started taking more pictures and videos and they were showing up at the bottom now. This morning I woke up, and the pictures we deleted are back in Photo Booth, but all the pictures and videos we took are gone. I went to the Home folder/Pictures/Photo Booth and that folder is empty. Is there any way I can get those pictures and videos back? They are not in the Trash either... :(
Please let me know if there's anything I can do to get those pictures and videos back and why my Photo Booth file is empty! (I don't know if it was empty to begin with, or if it just now happened...).
Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.