Old iLife on 10.6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24": 4GB,1TB, Mac mini:2Gb,2GB,160GB;Snow Leopard;AirportExtreme and other bits.
I know this has been addressed before but not successfully for me. I have 10.6.8 on my mini and only recently wanted to install the iLive that came with 10.5 ('08' I think) but it refuses to 'Install Bundle Only' with 'This software cannot be installed on this computer'.

What can I do. please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're trying to install iLife 08 from your Leopard DVD it's not going to work because you have Snow Leopard. The system "sees" it as a downgrade and will not allow it to be installed. You can install iLife 11 from your Snow Leopard DVD (if you have the full version).

OP
Hilarious
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24": 4GB,1TB, Mac mini:2Gb,2GB,160GB;Snow Leopard;AirportExtreme and other bits.
If you're trying to install iLife 08 from your Leopard DVD it's not going to work because you have Snow Leopard. The system "sees" it as a downgrade and will not allow it to be installed. You can install iLife 11 from your Snow Leopard DVD (if you have the full version).

No, I upgraded awhile back so no '11 (which is ill-reviewed by other upgraders, anyway).

I am sure - if I could stand the pain - that I could take the scenic route and reinstall 10.5.x and iLife and then upgrade the OS. A fix would be preferable! Are there any, please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No fix that I know of unless you wish to downgrade your OS and that would require a complete clean install of Leopard. As for iLife 11, I really only use iPhoto 11 but as far as I can determine, it works just as well as iPhoto 08.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.