Feedback on Blog design

bat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8GHz iMac, Radeon 2600HD, 500GB hard disk, 4GB RAM
Hi all,

I've just redesigned my Wordpress blog with a new theme, hoping to increase the number of return visitors.

Tech Made Easy

Would anyone be willing to provide feedback on the site? What looks good, what doesn't? What would you do differently.

Be as critical as you like, it can only help!

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ok Matt where do i start ?? lol

All i can say is ........ Well done. I quite like the layout, the colours work well and its easy on the eye, as well as everything being within a click or two. I would have no problem trolling through that site.

Cheers

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Clean and simple. What's not to love? LOL "trolling through that site." TM :p

OP
bat

bat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your kind words guys, I posted the same question on another blog some weeks ago (based on the old design) and it got a lot of criticism. That it's now getting positive feedback means that the new design is a step in the right direction.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
Hey bat, I have some opinions about your site, please, don`t get me wrong!! :)

I think the background to dark, it`s just plain black, maybe a texture would be better, also the title text is bright and on white background is not very readable, I got a little confused sometimes.

That`s it, the content of your site is very good! congrats

OP
bat

bat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey bat, I have some opinions about your site, please, don`t get me wrong!! :)

I think the background to dark, it`s just plain black, maybe a texture would be better, also the title text is bright and on white background is not very readable, I got a little confused sometimes.

That`s it, the content of your site is very good! congrats

thanks for the feedback Jeff!

I chose a solid backdrop as it helps the page load faster than if I were to use a texture. But I'll have some thoughts about the colours. You're not the first person to comment on the green-on-white, I'll definitely take a look at making it a little darker.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Hi! Maybe the design is a little dry. You could make a gradient effect on the menus to spice it up a bit :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
HAHA love the "connecting to internet with a 1964 modem" story. Classic :)

OP
bat

bat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi! Maybe the design is a little dry. You could make a gradient effect on the menus to spice it up a bit :)

Ooh, i hadnt thought of that, I like that idea, will look into it.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz + Mac Mini (Mid 2011)
Very nice design, just been scrolling through your blog (Y)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
looks awesome to me. love the simplicity, reading thru it now, i feel as tho I've been tricked into reading your blog haha. only thing is maybe if you changed the tech, easy, and your guide to getting things done more like the color of the checkmark it'd stand out more against the black background

Reaction score
monetize it

I like it, looks good. The title text color puts me in the mind of xbox 360.
One thing you should do is replace those "your ad here" blocks on the top right of the page with some actual affiliate links to products you recommend or maybe some simple adsense ads so you can get a few bucks from the site.

Especially if they were affiliate links to recommended products you like. I think that would pay off for you and help your readers at the same time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.