Imac stuck on login

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1.5 15
Hi,
I have an imac intel, over a year old, which will not go past the login or password screen. I have tried zapping the pram, fsck and the install disks will not work. The dvd does not seem to register with disk warrior or any other disk so I am stuck there. Any ideas~?
Connor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi,
I have an imac intel, over a year old, which will not go past the login or password screen. I have tried zapping the pram, fsck and the install disks will not work. The dvd does not seem to register with disk warrior or any other disk so I am stuck there. Any ideas~?
Connor

That's not sounding good. Just to be absolutely certain though… are you able to use the keyboard at all at any point while booting, either using the OPTION key to get a list of bootable volumes, or to type in text into the password field when you do hit the login screen?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. Does not belong in the "Lounge". Please read forum descriptions and Sticky notices before posting. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.