• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Samsung asks ITC to ban the import of Apple devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
What is the likelihood the ITC would do something like that? That would really suck. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Unless the Judge is a moron, he will never do that, Apple is an American company that is leading the world, an import ban would be a nuke to the economy and public opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Are they serious? Funny though, place an import ban on an American company...even if they do produce outside of the US. If anything, Samsung should place an import ban on themselves. I'm really starting to hate Samsung. I actually don't see how Apple's relationship with Samsung is still going!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Unless the Judge is a moron, he will never do that, Apple is an American company that is leading the world, an import ban would be a nuke to the economy and public opinion.

What does Apple being an American company have to do with whether they should have to comply with the law? That's just a ridiculous statement.

The judge, if he finds them guilty, would not be a "moron" to apply the remedy in this case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
What does Apple being an American company have to do with whether they should have to comply with the law? That's just a ridiculous statement.

The judge, if he finds them guilty, would not be a "moron" to apply the remedy in this case.
Where is law involved here? This is Samsung trying to scream and cry at a competitor they stole from. Nowhere is any form of law or law breaking practices shown here.
I would also like to note that current US import,export and copyright laws need to die and be rewritten.

And to the "comply with the law part"...It is illegal to kill someone, destroy property or threaten others, however should the Military have to comply with this? We freely have attacked countries and etc that have done nothing to our people. The Military is important to US defense and plans as Apple is to the Economy here, it's a major part of american symbolism and power to the rest of the world, to outlaw them is to commit economic and symbolic suicide.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Oh boy... I see this thread potentially taking a sharp right hand turn...:Oops:

Reaction score
Aww poor wittle Samsung.

Seriously...this is just really sour grapes. I swear I've read somewhere that Apple was dropping Samsung from its supply list.

Reaction score
So because the iPhone is not manufactured in the US, it's considered an imported product? Even though it's designed by a US company?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Samsung, stick to making TVs. You are good at that.

Apple, stick to making phones and ipods, because you are good at that.

Play nicely, children.

Reaction score
Samsung, stick to making TVs. You are good at that.

Apple, stick to making phones and ipods, because you are good at that.

Play nicely, children.

Hey now...Apple makes good computers and tablets too. Far better than what I've seen come out of Samsung anyway. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I hope the power supplies last longer than 2 years on the previous model TV's the dead ones we have at the shop all have dead power supplies with the cheapest caps money can buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, tone down the fanboy a bit here...

Where is law involved here? This is Samsung trying to scream and cry at a competitor they stole from. Nowhere is any form of law or law breaking practices shown here.

Um, yes, there are international trade agreements and treaties that the US has entered into and agreed to abide by. If Apple were to be found guilty, then there are remedies up to and including blocking export.

I would also like to note that current US import,export and copyright laws need to die and be rewritten.

What does that have to do with anything? Not to mention, US laws are not governing this. It's the international law embodied in the WTC that matters here.

And to the "comply with the law part"...It is illegal to kill someone, destroy property or threaten others, however should the Military have to comply with this? We freely have attacked countries and etc that have done nothing to our people. The Military is important to US defense and plans as Apple is to the Economy here, it's a major part of american symbolism and power to the rest of the world, to outlaw them is to commit economic and symbolic suicide.

There's no point in answering any of this as it's irrelevant to the topic and has no bearing.

Ultimately, you need to stop being an uber-fanboy on this. Your blind compliance with the Apple cult doesn't override the fact there are international legal issues here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aww poor wittle Samsung.

Seriously...this is just really sour grapes. I swear I've read somewhere that Apple was dropping Samsung from its supply list.

And if Apple is found guilty of violating the law? Is it stills sour grapes?

Or does the law not apply because it's Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Wow, tone down the fanboy a bit here...

Um, yes, there are international trade agreements and treaties that the US has entered into and agreed to abide by. If Apple were to be found guilty, then there are remedies up to and including blocking export.

What does that have to do with anything? Not to mention, US laws are not governing this. It's the international law embodied in the WTC that matters here.

There's no point in answering any of this as it's irrelevant to the topic and has no bearing.

Ultimately, you need to stop being an uber-fanboy on this. Your blind compliance with the Apple cult doesn't override the fact there are international legal issues here.

My point was that Samsung gave absolutely no reason for Apple to be banned.
They are wining.
Also, I am no fanboy, I use a rooted Android phone, I have a windows computer along with my Mac, and had The thread Said Microsoft or Google and the same conditions I would have stated the same thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.