crazy cursor

Reaction score
I am going crazy with my cursor on mac pro which I bought a year ago. Right now I am able to type but it suddenly deletes, moves on its own, opens pages, highlights.. it did this right now and I am having a tough time doing anything HELP

Barely typed this.. with all the deleting and moving

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I am going crazy with my cursor on mac pro which I bought a year ago. Right now I am able to type but it suddenly deletes, moves on its own, opens pages, highlights.. it did this right now and I am having a tough time doing anything HELP

Hmmmm. I was about to suggest that you have a stuck key on your keyboard, but that wouldn't explain why your cursor is moving. More likely it's a problem with your mouse. Try typing with your mouse unplugged. If you have no issues while your mouse is unplugged, then clearly it's the mouse. You can try cleaning any dust/dirt off the roller ball or laser sensor, but at the least you must have a stuck button also, unless you have a Magic Mouse. If that's the case, maybe it just needs cleaning?

EDIT: One other thought… if it is the mouse and it's wireless… have you tried replacing the battery or resetting it?

OP
H
Reaction score
I dont use a mouse.... I just have a track pad... I went crazy trying to type this as well.

surprised that this can happen in a mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Check to see if your sleeve cuff, watch or anything else is touching your trackpad while you are typing. I know I brush against mine at times and the curser jumps around and I end up typing in the wrong place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I dont use a mouse.... I just have a track pad... I went crazy trying to type this as well.

surprised that this can happen in a mac

Disable the trackpad while typing. If you don't have problems with it off, then there's your culprit. It could you are brushing on it as suggested by torchy; it may "simply" need the surface cleaned; or it may be defective.

Reaction score

Me too.Driving me nuts. I have booted repeatedly. Used to help, not anymore. Not the mouse!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.